GammaStone is on the forefront of building façade engineering application of BIM software, allowing our clients to comply with project BIM requirements. GammaStone’s BIM application includes clash detection between façade elements and surrounding construction, an overall coordination between the structure and other trades. We can also translate the 3D façade system detailing into part fabrication drawings for manufacturing applications. We are adding BIM object/models of GammaStone panels in the following BIM “cloud” libraries and portals
In addition to design consulting, engineering and drafting for natural stone cladding projects, CDC offers full stone sourcing services to owners, architects and contractors. We can identify economical, aesthetically acceptable and structurally sound material options, and assist in its procurement for architectural stone cladding applications.
- Research and procure samples natural stone from worldwide quarries
- Evaluate stone quarry and fabricator capabilities • Develop budget pricing for material acquisition and cladding installation
- Establish preconstruction stone testing and observation protocol
- Suggest value enhancing stone material alternatives and technical detailing options
- Observe stand-up slab mockup, and coordinate record samples
- Coordinate full-scale pre-fabrication visual mockup at stone fabrication facility
- Review contract drawings, shop drawings and calculations
- Perform subcontractor design peer reviews
- Observe material fabrication for aesthetic and structural conformance
- Establish production stone testing protocol, and observe testing
- Review and comment on field workmanship mockup • Observe stone cladding installation on project site for conformance with design requirement
The design of a cladding system of a new building whether it may be ventilated, micro-ventilated etc. is a complex procedure. It requires industrial planning criteria which should be considered and defined before beginning the realization in order to avoid substantial and / or unforeseen changes during the various stages of the manufacturing process.
GammaStone is able to develop projects considering the different modules of the façade: jointless architectural elements made or facade components like openings, string courses or other non-modular elements. Those elements are usually needed during renovations.
GammaStone technical department elaborates customized executive drawings in order optimize the number of cuts on the slab, to obtain faultless aesthetics in the combination of the formats avoiding wastage of valuable materials.
GammaStone Technical department consists of a team of architects and engineers aimed to develop projects following all the phase of the design process:
- Acknowledgement of the projects and / or the architectural concept for the cladding system of the building;
- Feasibility assessment;
- Identification of the materials of the perimetric wall to be covered;
- Definition of the structural plan and the respective general calculations;
- Implementation of the projects executive drawings.
GammaStone offers the following integrated design services:
- Development of construction drawing
- Development of Records
- Mounting plan
- Dimensioning of the panels
- Calculations of the joints
- Optimization of scraps according to the dimensions of the slabs.
- BOM Processing
- Static analysis
- Packing list processing
GammaStone has developed its own web application to map the façade by a self-explanatory computation of the GammaStone panels and of the monolithic elements that compose it. This computation allows to customize a project and associate it with every single customer. This project contains all the information of technical and commercial aspects that will determine the Bill of Materials, the production process, the relative total cost and the cost for every piece and specific manufacturing technique applied.
THE INSERTION PROCEDURE COMPRISE FOR THE FOLLOWING MACRO PHASES:
1) Inserting a new project associated with the customer, the site and the material;
2) Technical computation with easy logical insertion of flat panels and assembled components with monolithic corners, with any additional manufacturing technique required;
3) Verification of the total and specific costs of the project through a screen visualization of the project report.
4) Commercial release of the quote / order resulted from the performed compilation.
Thanks to this application the customer has a clear and detailed overview of all the layers and of all the GammaStone AIR materials used in the project.
The static calculations consider a uniformly distributed unit load (weight, pressure and depression). The loads used for the different sizing procedures are evaluated using the principle of superposition (linear-elastic calculation). The procedures for designing all the elements of the façade are conform to the following combinations considering the most significant stresses (wind load, own weight, load from ice formations, seismic load).
Note: the design of the façade elements will be provided for the combination of the most relevant load. Details relating to the design of the shelves, to the fastening of the bracket to the base material and fixing of the profile to the bracket are show in separate documents (statics of the system).
Gammastone has developed an exceptional working relationship with many architectural firms around the world. Based on our reputation experience and expertise in exterior building façade systems. Owners and Architects routinely engage Gammastone early in the design of a project. This collaboration from the start of the design process helps eliminating problems before they become issues in construction.
Our technical department develops the drawings for each project related to the installation plans or tables of laying; starting from the design, along with the production and the packaging. The different phases meet the same criteria and follow the priorities to the final assembly stage. Each piece is accompanied by the technical details and the identification codes associated with the schedule of the entire project.
Installing the GammaStone façades is extremely simple and safe. Thanks to the collaboration of leading companies in the production of anchorage systems that are already of well- known and tested anchorage systems. The fitter is equipped with all specific indications for installation. Thanks also to the extremely reduced weight of the panels, installing is easier than with other ventilated façade solutions.